In programming we have the DRY principle, “Don’t Repeat Yourself”. This is the photographic equivalent. No need to show the other half, it’s symmetric 😀
Now that’s the same church as yesterday, only not molten 🙂
Granted, I’ve used an unnecessary f9.0, but the focal length is only 100mm (200mm eq.), taken at 1/250s. I should have been able to easily hold that, even without stabilization. Fact is I couldn’t – and this is only one out of three images. All were taken with the same technical parameters within seconds and under the same light. I wasn’t in a hurry either.
This may be one of the odd combinations of camera body, lens, focal length and shutter speed, where some weird resonance renders the stabilization ineffective. The E-P5 normally has the same stabilization as the original E-M1, but I can’t remember ever having seen this with the E-M1 or with any other lens. I think this is what “Anti-Shock” was introduced for. I believe the E-P5 should already have had it, but I may be wrong.
The only way to take this image was from an elevator, through thick sheets of glass. You can imagine the image needed a lot of saturation and contrast in post-processing 🙂
Hmm, reminds me of some surrealist, maybe a little of Picasso as well. It’s amazing what seemingly flat sheets of glass can do to a reflection 😀
I stood a while and took images of this guy. A few seconds later another bird came, they had a short fight and the other bird won. I only have one image of the fight and it’s been taken a second too early. The next already shows the other bird in a triumphant position with spread wings, but unfortunately the tip of one wing reaches out of the frame. I’ve tried it, but there’s no way to save that image.
Now that I think of it, the fight of the two birds is a situation where the E-M1 MkII’s “Pro Capture Mode” would have been helpful. It wouldn’t have saved the image with the cut-off wing, but it would have given me at least one good image of the fight. The only problem is, I wouldn’t have been able to set it up in a hurry.
It seems like I should set up a “Custom Mode” (that’s what the old “MySets” are called today). Switching between custom modes is easy as well. They finally have dedicated positions on the mode dial.